,
| 0 comments ]

When I started stocks trading about 10 years ago, Technical Analysis was all I know, watching stock prices plunge and rise gave me the thrill. Fundamental Analysis wasn't my cup of tea because I find it rather passive unlike TA.

I did make some money from TA and I actually made money on the first stock I bought, I was lucky from then because I have loses and if I do, loses are too insignificant. Only until recent years, I began to appreciate the beauty of FA, if I want to hold a stock for the long run and make profits from my investments, FA is the only way, there is no way TA can do that.
I have grown tired of the frequent buying and selling.

But I am not going to give up TA, I want a TA + FA approach to the market. Using FA to fish out companies with good fundamentals and apply TA for the entry price. I don’t think a single approach has the answer to the stock market.

I don’t possess the foresight of Warren Buffett.

It will take quite a while to master FA, it took me a couple of years to really master TA. The best approach will be a method which I truly understand.

It’s a shame that I didn’t pick up FA when I first started.

Going to read business valuation and analysis when I am done with Adam Smith’s books.

0 comments

Post a Comment